Monday, July 17, 2017

MINNIE MOUSE CARD

This is the card I made for our 5 year old granddaughter whose party theme was Minnie Mouse.  
Minnie was cut with the Cricut machine and then layered.  This one was cut using one of the first Cricut machines; some of the cuts are not very clean😞 but it's cute just the same.  
Minnie is adhered to the front with 3-D pop dots. I used a piece of satin ribbon with silver trim to cover the join for the white paper and the designer paper on the front.  The star and the heart were cut using Thinlits Dies and then covered with Wink of Stella for a little shimmer.  I meant to turn the heart so the "5" would be straight up and down, however .... yes, I wasn't paying attention and I didn't want to risk ruining the card by taking it back up so it's still tilted.
At the end of the day I guess it doesn't really matter.
FRONT OF CARD
The sentiment on the inside was cut using Thinlits Dies and layered several times.  I cut a couple of banners using the scraps from the card and tucked them in on the side of the sentiment.  When the card is opened the face of the card can be placed behind the sentiment making it an easel card. 
EASEL
When she's done displaying it in her room mommy can remove the face of the card and add it to a scrapbook page of her birthday party! 

Thanks for looking and Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment