Tuesday, June 13, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POP-UP CARD

This is my latest birthday card.  The stamp set is Balloon Adventure from Stampin' Up.  The insert in the center was cut using the Thinlits Balloon Pop-Up, also from Stampin' Up.

The balloons were stamped and then the overlay (stripes/polka dots) cut using thinlits from the same set as the pop-up. I used Wink of Stella to add a shimmer to the balloons.  It doesn't show up well in the photo but it is so pretty.  I added baker's twine for the balloons' strings on the front of the card and then popped the balloons up using 3-dimensional pop dots to give it a little more dimension.

As you can see there is plenty of room for a message/sentiment on the inside of the card. 

This set has a lot of possibilities.  I kept this card simple because it was for a teenager but I have a few ideas for this set for a younger child's card.  I can't wait to experiment!

Front of card.



Inside

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Paper Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment