Monday, June 26, 2017

CLAW MACHINE CARD

I love this stamp set by Lawn Fawn!  It also has a die set that goes with it which makes creating this card so much easier.

The "claw" slides back and forth across the top.  I cut the claw machine out several times to get the effect I wanted.  The machine is 3-dimensional with a sheet of clear plastic over the face.  I used designer paper to create the sides and background and colored the machine and toys with Copic markers.  I stamped and colored a few extra bears and popped them up on 3 dimensional pop dots, as well as placing one in the drop which I cut out on the top layer of the machine.  I colored the unicorn with Copic markers and attached it to the claw with a glue dot.

When I finished I realized that the bottom portion of the back machine was very visible. I did not color it in because I didn't think it would really show.  So I cut a piece of  white cardstock and folded it into a rectangular box then adhered it to the inside to look like the bottom of the machine where the toys sit.  This actually worked out better because it added more stability to the card. 

I cut a little tab to stamp my sentiment on and attached it to the side of the machine.  And of course, no card is complete without some sparkle!  I used Wink of Stella on the unicorn, the "tube" the toys drop down, and the back of the machine as well as the hearts across the top. 

Because of all the dimension in this card it is not really suitable for mailing.  It's great for hand delivery though!   The card is a standard A7 (5 x 7).  I made an envelope for it because it won't fit in a standard envelope.

It's not perfect but I'm pleased with the way it came out.  I have some ideas on how to improve it to make the next card even better. Oh...and did I mention that I LOVE this set?!  This has definitely got to be one of my favorites.



I tried to record the card "in action" but unfortunately my recording skills are even worse than my photography skills!  SMH  Hopefully some day I will master one or the other or both.

Thanks for looking!  

HAPPY CRAFTING!


No comments:

Post a Comment