Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Fresh From the Oven - Double Chocolate Scones

Another scone recipe from my Pinterest board...Double Chocolate Scones.  I must admit that I thought this would be my favorite out of the five I made, I mean it's chocolate, right?! However it is actually fifth on my list after trying them; yep, last. 😞 I may try the recipe again in a few weeks.  It might just be they didn't turn out as expected because I totally missed the coconut oil when I mixed the recipe, LOL.  I'm not sure how I missed it but I know I  did because I don't even have any in the house! So, tip for the day - if you make these be sure to add the coconut oil!  Mine did not rise - at all and they are very dry.  Putting them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds helps a little. And of course, not everyone agrees with me.  My husband and son think they're good, so...it may just be me after all.

You can find the recipe here:  http://www.5dollardinners.com/double-chocolate-scones/#_a5y_p=3733628



To recap my "week of scones" I would say it's a tie between the Apple Pie and the Banana Chocolate Chip as my favorite. They are both so good!  Next would be the Snickerdoodle, then the Classic and finally the Double Chocolate.  That's just my opinion though, perhaps you'll give them a try and see what you think. 


Thanks for stopping by and Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment