Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Fresh From the Oven - Apple Pie Scones

I was on my Pinterest page the other day and my total pins caught my eye...almost 18,000 pins!  While I realize this is nothing compared to some pages, I found it a bit overwhelming.  One can really "get lost" in the world of Pinterest (at least this one can, LOL).  I think I'll go on for a couple of minutes and a couple of hours later I'm wondering where the time went! Surely I can't be the only one who experiences this, right?
So I decided I really need to start making some use of those pins to justify the time I have spent creating them. What better place to start than one of the FOOD boards?  I promised myself I would try at least ten items from one of these boards by the end of the month; the board I chose to start is SCONES.

I have been looking for a mini scone pan for a couple of years now but I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money.  Around Christmas time this past year my husband and I were in Bed, Bath and Beyond to get a cookie sheet (that's a story for another day) and I thought I would see if they had them as long as we were in there.  Well, as luck would have it I just happened to be in the right place at the right time!  I asked the sales person and she said they didn't have them in the store but she could probably order one for me. Not only did they have them on-line but they were on sale and the shipping was free - SCORE! 




My husband bought this Nordic Mini Scone pan for me.  This is the first time I have had the chance to use it.  Truth be told, it is probably more time consuming then the traditional method but I don't care... I love the pan.  I like the smaller size and I am able to make the scones more uniform in size this way. The pan is very easy to clean and as an added bonus it's made in the USA.  (BTW - I do not receive anything from Nordic for mentioning this pan. I'm quite confident they don't even know who I am 🙂.  I just really like the pan!)


The recipe I chose to start with is an Apple Pie Scone.  You can find the recipe at this link: http://www.alattefood.com/apple-pie-scones/ .  The recipe calls for maple syrup in the icing which I thought about substituting with cream, however I decided at the last minute to stick with the original recipe.  I'm glad I did!  There is just a hint of the maple flavoring and it perfectly compliments the taste of the scone. 

  

This recipe was a huge hit at my house...oh, so good! The recipe is easy to follow and is relatively quick to throw together.  I hope you get a chance to try it yourself - a definite winner!



Thanks for stopping by and Happy Baking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment