Monday, April 18, 2016

TEMPERATURE BLANKET 2016
Here’s a photo of my Temperature Blanket I started on January 1st of this year.  I decided to record the temperature at noon each day instead of the high for the day (I didn’t want to have to wait until the next day to work my row - L). I realized about three weeks into it that was the wrong choice; wish I would have gone with the high temp for the day. So I went back to see if by some small miracle there wouldn’t be that much of a difference between the temp at noon and the high temp – but of course there was and I would have had to rework too many rows so I decided to leave it as is…live and learn!


I’m working the afghan with a 4.5 crochet hook and Red Heart yarn.  I chose the linen stitch for the pattern; very pleased with that choice. Yea! The blanket is going to be quite large when finished. The width of it fits across my king size bed with about an inch or so overhang on both sides – also pleased with that; winters get quite cold in this neck of the woods. I’m up-to-date with the rows, hoping to be able to say that in August!  I haven’t decided what colors I am going to use yet to represent the 80, and with any luck, 90 degree temps I’m looking forward to this summer.  So far all of the colors have been left to chance, aka: whatever I had on hand.  

(close-up of pattern stitch)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a blessed day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment