Thursday, April 21, 2016

JAKE THE SNAKE – Crochet

In reality I have an absolute fear of snakes – small, large, poisonous, non poisonous – doesn’t matter; I simply don’t like them. However, these little charmers are a different story.  When I started my first one I thought I was making this cute little snake but it kept growing...and growing...and growing. ( I probably should have paid attention to the size given on the pattern! ) No harm done though, I think he’s pretty friendly looking.  He does eat up a lot of poly fil so you will want to have plenty on hand.  This is a great project for using up your yarn scraps! 
The pattern is from the 2014 Crochet World presents issue: Best Crochet Animals, Toys, and Dolls. The snakes measure approximately 52" from end to end and are about 2 1/2" in diameter. They were worked using Red Heart Super Saver yarn and a size G hook.



This little guy has a twin who stole the heart of a 5 year old in Zephyrhills, FL and they became fast friends.  He decided to stay with his new buddy!




Somehow “Jake” just doesn’t seem like a good fit for this lovely lady. How about  “Jayce the Snake?” (I know...it'doesn't rhyme, sorry.)


Thanks for stopping by!  Don’t forget – tomorrow is another knit pattern.  I’ll be featuring the FLOWER BUDS pattern.


Happy Crocheting!


No comments:

Post a Comment