Saturday, May 4, 2019

DUH-NUH BIRTHDAY CARD

This is a great card to make in a pinch (a.k.a. - at the last minute!).

I created a sky using My Favorite Things Mini Cloud Stencil and Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass distress ink. I'm positively obsessed with creating these clouds; so much fun! I love the way they look even though I do get a little heavy-handed with the ink; something I need to work on.

The waves were created using the waves from Lawn Fawn's "Shadow Box Card Ocean Add-On." I used Lawn Fawn's "Duh-Nuh" stamp set and fussy-cut the shark, shark fins and small fish by hand.  The images were colored with Copic markers.  The birds are from Lawn Fawn's "Happy Village."  




I rounded the corners of the card base with the 1/2" CROP-A-DILE CORNER CHOMPER, inked it up with Tim Holtz Pumice Stone Distress Ink and drew a speech bubble in the lower left-hand corner where I stamped my birthday "text" message. 

I love this little stamp set. It's perfect for a masculine card or for pre-teen/teenage years, which are always a challenge for me in the world of card-making.

Have a JAWSOME day and Happy Crafting!

Materials:
stamp sets: Lawn Fawn "Duh-Nuh" and "Happy Village"
dies: Lawn Fawn "Shadow Box Card Ocean Add-On"
Copic markers: T1 T2 T3 YR07 YR14
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass and     Pumice Stone Distress
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment