Wednesday, June 1, 2016

STAR WARS LOVEY – CROCHET

After making the little Yoda figure a couple of days ago I went in search of some more Yoda projects.  This little guy is so much fun to work with!  I found this lovey here - http://kristenscrochet.blogspot.com/2014/08/yoda-inspired-lovey.html and set to work.

Sorry...my photography needs work! :( 

Materials I used:

Red Heart Super Saver yarn
                 Frosty Green
                 Soft White
                 Black
Size G & H hooks
Size 10mm safety eyes - black

Of course I made a few changes. (Sorry, I just can’t help myself!) I changed the size of the hook out of preference and the size of the eyes out of necessity.  For Yoda I used a size G hook and 10 mm eyes (closest size I could find). I also stitched a little smile on his face. I used the size H hook for the blanket but I added one extra row of green on the outside edge and instead of using a slip stitch in the ch 1 spaces I used a sc. 
I did not use the same pattern for the ears either.  I used the one I used for the amigirumi Yoda.  They are worked in the round and are sturdier; also smaller! If I make another one I will rework the ear pattern again to make them a little larger.

The granny square pattern for the blanket is not included. I just used the basic granny square; worked as follows:
With a size H hook chain 3.  Work 2 dc in the 3rd chain from the hook, * (ch2, 3dc), 3 x’s in same ch; ch1, sc in top of first ch3 to close. (Pull beginning yarn tightly to close the beginning chain the stitches were worked in)
Chain 3, 2dc in same space as closing, ch1, * [ (3dc, ch2, 3dc) in next ch2 space, ch1] 3 x’s, 3dc in next space, ch1, sc in top of ch3 to join.
Continue as last round working (3dc, ch2, 3dc) in each ch2 space and 3dc in each ch1 space around, with a ch1 between each side 3dc group.  Work joining as in last round.

I worked the border as follows:

Sc in same sp as joining, * (work hdc, dc, hdc over next 3 stitches, work sc in next ch1 sp) across to corner. In the corner work (sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc ) all in the ch2 sp. Repeat from * around ending last corner (sc, hdc, dc, hdc) in beginning ch2 space.  Join with a sl st in the beginning sc. 

I worked 8 rows green, 2 rows soft white, 2 rows green and then the border.


HAPPY CROCHETING!






No comments:

Post a Comment