Friday, June 10, 2016

LEARN A NEW STITCH!
FREE PATTERN – KNIT

This is the Snowdrop Lace pattern I used for the scarf and the cowl I introduced earlier in the year. I think this is a very pretty pattern and it works up nicely. I made two sizes in this stitch.  The first one I made came out a little (okay, actually quite a bit) larger than I usually like for a dishcloth so I made a second one just a little smaller.  I have included the pattern for both.

Snowdrop Lace Dishcloth   multiple of 8+5 sts
8” x 8” (10” x 10”)



Materials:
Cotton Yarn (I used Lily Sugar n Cream)
Size 8 Knitting Needles
Stitch Markers

Abbreviations
            K – Knit                                                P – Purl
            pm – place marker                              st(s) – stitch(es)
            YO – yarn over                                    rep – repeat
            tog – togghter                                     psso – pass slip stitch over
            sl – slip

*  slip stitches purlwise


Cast on 37 (45) sts

Row 1: K2 tog, K to last 2 sts, K2tog.    [35(43) sts]
Rows 2 & 3: Knit

Begin Pattern Stitch:
Row 1 (right side): K3, pm; K1, * YO, sl 1, K2tog, psso, YO, K5; rep from * to last 7 sts, YO, sl 1, K2tog, psso, YO, K1; pm, k3
Row 2 & every even row:  K to marker, purl to next marker, K to end
Row 3: Rep Row 1
Row 5: K to marker; K4, * YO, sl 1, K1, psso, K1, K2tog, YO, K3; rep from * to last st before marker, K1; K to end
Row 7: K to marker; K1, * YO, sl 1, K2tog, psso, YO, K1; rep from to marker; K to end
Row 8: Rep Row 2

Repeat these 8 rows 4(5) times more, then rep rows 1-3 once – dropping markers on last row
Bind off in knit. Work in loose ends.

(Close-up of stitch)

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment