Monday, February 1, 2016

This is one of my latest projects - Peace Sign Granny Square Afghan.  I made this for my granddaughter who just turned eleven.  I didn't get the measurements but it is a very generous size!  She will be able to use it as a blanket on her twin size bed.
 The colors are more vibrant than what I was able to capture in the photos (a photographer I am not!). I found the pattern for the squares at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/peace-sign-granny-square. I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn and a size H crochet hook. There are six rows of five squares for a total of 30 blocks. I used soft white to join the squares and for the border. I then worked one row of each color (in sc) around the outside border to complete the afghan.  I love the way it turned out, love the colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment