Monday, July 1, 2019

YOU'RE OWLSOME - A GRADUATION CARD


A cute and simple graduation card... 
This card was for my granddaughter who graduated from college this year.  I started out with the traditional blue and white but it just seemed so plain so I decided to incorporate the college colors instead; I love the way it turned out.  I even managed to find a piece of cardstock in my stash that matched the color of the mortarboard perfectly - that just never seems to happen! 

This cute little stamp set, Lawn Fawn's YOU'RE OWLSOME, made everything so easy.  The images are easy to color and there are coordinating dies to cut them with.  I just love it when things come together without too much fuss.  I'm sure I will be coming back to this stamp set often. 

Because I knew this card would be hand delivered I used Lawn Fawn's SIMPLY CELEBRATE SPRING set to stamp the graduation caps on the front of the envelope and then colored them using the same copic colors that were used on the card. 




I added Glossy Accents to the glasses (love those glasses!) and Wink of Stella to all of the graduation caps and tassels for a finishing touch.

For some added dimension I put the owl and the yellow frame on dimensionals. 


.I generally leave the inside of the card blank but I decided to stamp a sentiment in this one.  There was still ample room to include a personal message. 

SUPPLIES:
COPIC MARKERS: R27 R29 RV69; E23 E25 E35 E37 E50 E51               E57;Y17
INKS: Stampin' Up Garden Green, Sahara Sand
            Memento Tuxedo Black
            Prisma Mark Embossing Ink
MISC: Inkadinkado Linen White Embossing Powder
            Glossy Accents
            Wink of Stella - ClearL
             Dimensionals
STAMP SETs: Lawn Fawn - You're Owlsome
             Lawn Fawn Simply Celebrate Spring

Thanks for looking and Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment