Thursday, June 13, 2019

HAPPY HIPPOS BIRTHDAY CARD

I have another birthday card; this one featuring MFT's Happy Hippo set.  This is every bit as sweet as the Adorable Elephants - I would have a difficult time choosing a favorite between the two! 




This card was made for a toddler's second birthday. I cut the #2 using the Number's Die set (retired) from Stampin' Up.  The sky was created using MFT's cloud stencil and Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass distress ink. The images were colored with Prismacolor pencils. I stamped the sentiment and inked the banner with Stampin' Up's Blushing Bride.  I used a grassy borders die and cut some Water Color Wash paper for the grass.  The numeral "2" is also cut from Water Color Wash.
I used foam dimensionals to adhere the elephant, bird, balloons and the "2" to the front of the card.


 The inside of the card is a continuation of the front with the added surprise of a pop-up box and more images from the Happy Hippos set  to create a birthday party scene. And of course no card is complete without some sparkle.  I used Wink of Stella on the cupcake frosting, the bow on the gift, the balloons and the party hats.
 I love the way this turned out!

Here is a close-up of the box:



 I've had this die for quite some time, I don't know why it took me so long to use it.  I love the effect and it's really quite simple to construct.  I can't wait to try it in some other cards.  

Have a blessed day and happy crafting!

Materials:
     MFT Happy Hippo Stamp Set
     Prismacolor pencils
     MFT Water Color Wash paper pack
     MFT Grassy Border die
     MFT Cloudy Border stencil     
     Lawn Fawn Lawn Cuts Mini Pop-Up Box
     Wink of Stella - Clear
     Stampin' Up Numbers die
     Stampin' Up Blushing Bride ink
     Stampin' Up Dimensionals
     Memento Tuxedo Black ink
     Scotch Quick-Dry glue
     
          

No comments:

Post a Comment