Tuesday, October 2, 2018

JOHNNY THE MONKEY: PATTERN REVIEW

I received a request for a crocheted monkey recently.  As luck would have it I had just picked up a copy of Zoomigurumi which is a collection of amigurumi by different designers.  

This is my version of Johnny the Monkey.  I did make a few changes.  I used a worsted weight (4) yarn in place of the sport weight (3) yarn called for in the pattern; which of course led me to use a larger size hook (F). I also changed the placement of the legs so my monkey could stand (with help 😊) as well as sit.



The pattern is well written and quite easy to follow.  The only problem I incurred was when placing the head.  I  wasn't at all happy with my first attempt so I removed it and started over again.  I am much happier with my second try at it; everything else fell in to place nicely.  


He is a little over 7" when sitting and just over 9" standing; the perfect size for a toddler's little friend. 


This little fellow is now in his new home getting lots of love and attention.


Materials:
Red Heart SS Yarn: warm brown and soft white
Crochet Hook size F
10mm Safety Eyes
Polyester Fiber Fill
Darning Needle

Thanks for looking and Happy Crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment