Sunday, May 29, 2016

Patchwork Pig


This pattern comes from the April 2016 issue of Crochet World.  I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn and a size G hook, which is what the pattern calls for.  I substituted some of the yarn colors because I was using what I had on hand.   This is a great pattern for using up some of your yarn stash!





The pig stands about 8.5” tall and is approximately 7.5” long, not including the tail.  The pattern calls for a bow around the neck however I opted to use the flower to make a choker for my pig.  The flower is included in the pattern; it is supposed to be placed behind one of the ears but I think I like it as a necklace/choker instead.  I will make the little bow for the next one.




I definitely see a few more of these in the not-too-distant future; “Penelope” needs some friends  I think I would like to make a couple in a solid color as well as the patchwork version, or perhaps a patchwork of classic colors.  What a great way to teach a toddler his/her colors.  Hmmm – maybe some piglets?  Oh, the possibilities…




So many projects…so little time! (deep sigh!) 

 Have a Blessed Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment