Monday, May 23, 2016

NYLON POT SCRUBBIES
I decided some time ago I wanted to crochet some nylon scrubbies like my mother used to make for craft shows.  Easy enough, right?  Wrong! First, there are several patterns available on the internet for these simple little scrubbies – none of them appealed to me.  They all have different width nylon, different size hooks, no defined rounds, etc. 
Next, I went to the local fabric store to purchase my nylon netting – they had exactly two colors, white and ivory.  Once upon a time you could walk into the fabric store and choose between a wide array of colors; those days are gone! L  I did find red, green and black in addition to white and ivory at WalMart; next stop Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby has several colors to choose from so I made my purchase and headed for home.  I couldn’t wait to get started but there was still that little matter of the pattern! J  I finally found this pattern  http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/nylon-pot-scrubber-free-crochet-pattern, which is pretty close to what I was looking for.  Yea!  I did change the first round to ch 2, 12 dc in ring and the second round to ch 1, 2 hdc in each dc around. I don’t care for the ch 3  or the ch 2 as the first stitch.  Making a full stitch for the first stitch prevents gaps and makes it much easier to join rounds (in my opinion).




So scrubbies are done.  I would just like to mention that although Hobby Lobby has the best color selection it is 1) more expensive and 2) softer netting.  Lesson learned…all netting is not created equal! Even though some of the scrubbies turned out a little softer they will still work well to clean your veggies or the soap scum from your bathroom shower or sink, etc.; so all is not lost.  These are also handy for cleaning the bugs off your car window, cleaning your backyard grill and so much more.  You’ll want to have several on hand!


Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment